Trampolines are a great way for children in Chicago to stay fit and have fun. The bouncing action of the trampoline helps children stay active and burn off excess energy, which can help keep them healthy both mentally and physically. Not only that, but they also have a great time while doing it! Trampolines provide an excellent opportunity for children to practice coordination, balance, and agility through jumping games and activities.
There are several trampoline parks in Chicago that offer a safe environment for children to enjoy the physical activity of bouncing without any risks. Or, consider installing an inground trampoline in your own backyard! Trampolines are an excellent choice for a family activity as long as they are properly assembled, maintained, and supervised by an adult. With so many options available, there's no excuse not to get your kid out and bouncing!
If you decide an at-home trampoline is right for your family, TrampolinesInground.com is here to help! We have an expert team who can help you find the right trampoline, and even help you find a professional installation team if you’d rather not DIY! Here is a basic overview of what to expect during your trampoline install in Chicago:
First, select the yard location for your trampoline. In Chicago, you need to think about protecting and securing your trampoline from wind and rain. Make sure you choose a spot where the trampoline will not be susceptible to wind gusts or pooling of water.
Once you have selected the right spot for your inground trampoline, it is time to start digging. Make sure you follow these steps when digging the hole:
- Measure and mark a circle that's twice as wide as the trampoline with wooden stakes and string. Be sure to leave extra room in case of expansion during hot weather.
- Using a shovel and spade, carve out the perimeter of the hole. Make sure it is at least 6 to 8 inches wider than the trampoline frame in all directions.
- Dig down approximately 12 to 15 inches until you reach solid soil. If you encounter any rocks or roots while digging, remove them as they can interfere with proper installation.
- Line the bottom of the hole with 2 to 4 inches of pea gravel. This will help drainage and prevent water buildup around the trampoline frame.
- Level out the base by adding soil or gravel and tamping it down until it is completely even.
- Place the trampoline in the hole, ensuring that it is level. If needed, add or remove soil from the base to achieve a level position.
- Secure the trampoline to the ground using metal stakes, screws and washers. Make sure they are placed at least 2 inches away from the frame to avoid any damage.
- Fill in the remaining space around the trampoline with soil or gravel and tamp it down until it is secure.
- Spread a layer of mulch over the soil to help protect it from erosion and give the area a finished look.
- Add any additional safety features as desired, such as safety nets or padding.
- Finally, check all connections to make sure everything is secure before allowing anyone onto the trampoline.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your inground trampoline is installed correctly and safely in the soil conditions of Chicago, Illinois. With a bit of preparation and know-how, you can create a fun and safe environment for all to enjoy.
Trampolines & Chicago Winters
Harsh winter conditions and cold temperatures can cause metal components and hardware to become brittle over time, so it is important that any trampoline being used left in Chicago during the winter has a galvanized steel frame and rust-resistant coating on all metal components. Additionally, prolonged exposure to cold temperatures can cause trampoline mats to become brittle and tear easily, so it is important that any trampoline used outdoors in Chicago has a UV-resistant mat. If you are going to leave the frame outside in the winter, it is advisable to remove the mat and springs and store those in a garage or elsewhere indoors.Once your inground trampoline is completely installed and if it is properly maintained, it will provide your family with hours of safe and healthy fun. In order to extend its lifespan, make sure to inspect it regularly for any signs of wear or damage. Be sure to keep the area around the trampoline clear of debris and mow any grass that is growing near it. With proper care and maintenance, your inground trampoline will provide your family with years of enjoyment.Contact TrampolinesInground.com to get your in-ground trampoline in Chicago today.